Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Slow start this year

I apologize for my inability to post lately!  I feel like we're still coming off the decompression of our holiday and getting back into the swing of things.

I am most excited for this Friday.  I've saved up some money, and finally have a full, free day where I can shop!  I will be hitting the Goodwill over the long weekend.



I am realizing that I need to be shopping less for volume, and more for permanent pieces.  I trolled through my skirts the other day, and most of them need some kind of alteration--either taking in, or hemming.  The same with many of my pants.  I am at a point now, where my body is pretty stable, and so the need for a small range of sizes is less important than it was when my size was still in flux.

To that end, I must be pickier.

Today's outfit: Old Navy black and white tweed trousers, Simply Vera black pintuck knit shirt (a Christmas gift); ikat-print scarf, Franco Sarto booties.  Yesterday's outfit: Black Banana Republic wool blend pencil skirt; Daisy Fuentes print knot-front top; Merona v-neck sequin cardi (purchased new several years ago); Franco Sarto boots



No comments:

Post a Comment