Friday, January 9, 2015

And a happy new year to you!

I wish you all a happy new year!

Our little family traveled to see my parents, aunt & uncle, sister/BIL/nieces, and hubs' parents, brother/SIL/niece & nephew the weekend before Christmas.  When we came home on Monday before Christmas, we holed up in our house and hunkered down.  We left the house maybe 4 times the whole two weeks.  It feels like it has been a trying year, and we were just reeling from the blow, and trying to decompress.  It took us until about last Thursday, before we finally felt normal.

This week has been cold, and busy for me.  Coming back to work on Monday to have 2 big presentations on Tuesday (after more than 2 weeks off!) was tough!  I've been working the rest of the week on a deliverable that I'm still chasing information for, that is due out this afternoon.

Needless to say, I haven't been on top of my game, outfit-wise this week.  Yesterday the conundrum was finding pants big enough to fit over my fleece longjohns.  The rest of the week has just been trying to survive.

So, unfortunately, I'm going to leave you with a relatively uninspired outfit, but still proof that there's good stuff to be had out there!  Both of these items are some of my first in thrifting, and the pants now need to go back into someone else's circulation, as they're too big for me.

Outfit: Banana Republic Martin fit brown wool pinstripe trousers; Banana Republic navy angora blend mock t-neck sweater; BCBGirls Cindie boot.



No comments:

Post a Comment