Friday, December 19, 2014

Vintage

Another vintage skirt for today.  I'm really enjoying that the classic styles/shapes are continually getting refreshed in fashion, and that we're seeing a resurgence of these lovely pieces.  There were at least 2 of these skirts, in the same style: the brown/blue skirt I am wearing, and one that was more muted/deep pastels like purple & soft blue (it may still be at Goodwill for all I know!).  What I didn't realize is that this skirt has a very unique double-pleat that I didn't see until it came back from the cleaners.

 












Outfit: Prestige of Boston pleated plaid wool skirt; Loft baby blue cowl sweater; Land's End tights (Pretty Patterned tights maybe?  They were dirt cheap on clearance); Softshoe 'Nellie' leather wedges; Scottish yarn sheep pin (bought in Scotland, in 1984).

But I have a conundrum....Sweater in or out?  What do you think?
















No comments:

Post a Comment