Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Just Wear It

Another of my mantra to "Just Wear It."  I saw this dress a while back, and I was skeptical.  But, I put it on in the dressing room, and fashioned my belt around it.  I'm pretty sure I was wearing athletic socks at the time, staring in the mirror, but I thought, "this would be cute with tights."

I get it home, wash it, and try it on with tights.  Geez, it's shorter than any of my other dresses and skirts.  It's past my fingertips, nearly to the top of my knee; I can sit and have it cover my knees; I can maneuver without any kind of unintended flashing.  With tights, and the fact that I am tiny, I think it is great for our casual office.  Not too short.  Fun.  Spunky.

I tried this outfit on several times over the last few weeks, and I still had reservations.  But, I saw the forecast for today: low 50's, rain.  I need something to brighten my day.  I need to Just Wear It.

Outfit: Old Navy fuchsia corduroy shirt dress; Lands End Refined Rib tights in warm gray (clearance!!  $8!!); Guess Lurie boots; very old hand-me-down braided leather belt

No comments:

Post a Comment