Thursday, October 23, 2014

Stripes & Floral

I have wanted to wear this skirt since I found it a few months ago.  I was sad to realize that I had passed my baby-pink cable sweater on (though it needed to go, it was too big), as the pink in the sweater would have been a lovely combination to this pink and gray pinstripe bias-cut skirt.  However, when I was washing my new haul from goodwill yesterday, the purple pinstripe shirt caught my eye.  I brought it up to the skirt, and it was a match made in heaven.  When you see the skirt with the purple, those little stripes on the skirt could definitely be construed to be darker, but when paired with baby-pink, it is beautiful as well.





I took a chance and mixed some colors and some patterns, and I think it turned out pretty well. However, wearing this skirt has made me see that I do need to have it tailored.  It isn't a petite, so when I wear it where it falls naturally, it is just a skosh too long.  It doesn't have belt loops, as some skirts do, but rather just a constructed contour waist with a rear zipper.  I suspect that taking the waist in a bit will help it ride just a little higher above my hips, and bring the hem more to the top of my kneecap, which is where skirts should be, if I follow Extra Petite's rules for calculating the optimal skirt length.

Outfit: Green overcoat (unsure of the brand--there's no tag); Gap plum embellished cardigan; Gap pinstripe button-up shirt; Gray and pink pinstripe bias-cut skirt (no tag); charcoal tights (purchased new); Hush Puppies black Lolita pump (purchased new) (I apologize for the dark images--more fuel to my fire to get better photographic capabilities!  The very first picture is a much more accurate representation of the color of the cardigan and the skirt)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment