Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pinspiration

Sometimes I need a little pinspiration.  This is especially true if I am trying to run out the door, without any idea what to throw on.  Our nanny was sick today, so I had to get everyone out the door without a third set of hands. This means packing lunch for my first-grader (I did most of it last night so that all I had to do was throw some soup in his thermos); breakfasting and dressing my preschooler; and getting myself showered and out the door to go to work too.  As I scrambled out of bed, my mind was going a mile a minute trying to figure out what to wear.

I just bought a chambray shirt the other day.  Ok, let's start there.  I opened up my Pinterest on my ipad in my dressing area and searched for "chambray."  It appears that the possibilities are endless!  And with that, I am officially launching my Pinterest board, so you can see what inspires me.



I have wanted a chambray shirt, after seeing it styled a few times on Pinterest, but after conducting the search this morning while I dressed, it is clear that this is going to be a versatile workhorse in my wardrobe!

I used to be very hesitant about mixing black and brown, but I think when it is intentional, it looks put-together.  I don't have any meetings today, so it is a day of working at my desk.  Until I pick up my preschooler and go for a special lunch, just the two of us.  He will be thrilled.

Outfit: Khaki, gray & black stripe knit scarf; Cherokee (kids') chambray shirt; Merona camel v-neck cardi (purchased new, about 2 years ago); J. Crew black skinny cords; Guess Lurie boot

No comments:

Post a Comment