I've always been hesitant to mix black and brown, but I find when it is purposeful, then it works pretty well. I also find that it works better when it's not chocolate brown--something like cognac or camel works much better to mix with black.
I mixed this morning, more out of necessity than anything. See, I have a lot of black skirts & tights, but fewer options for cold-weather footwear than boots. But, I only have brown boots, so I have to be cognizant of that when I dress.
Not sure why I wanted today to be a skirt day too, but maybe it's the beginning of Skirt Week 2.0.
Outfit: Black Loft pencil skirt (was new with tags at GW); Loft ruffle-front silky brown blouse; Merona camel v-neck cardi (purchased new, 2+ years ago); Ralph Lauren brown leather belt (new with tags at GW); Burberry knockoff scarf (I only say knockoff, because I have no way of knowing if it's the real deal!! It doesn't have a tag, but as far as I can tell, the pattern is pretty much spot on. It was $1 and I love it, so what difference does it make?); Guess Lurie boots
No comments:
Post a Comment