Friday, September 12, 2014

Thursday & Friday

I admit, sometimes I am uninspired.  Yesterday and today definitely fall into that category. Yesterday I had a field visit, and no scheduled meetings, so I dressed it down a little.  Well, a lot.  But, this is also totally appropriate for my office.  Today has been a rush of pulling together a deliverable, so comfort is key today, back and forth to the copier and the work room to collate my documents.

Thursday's outfit is a mish-mash of items.  The scarf was given to me as a gift by a girl who carpooled with me in high school.  She was an exchange student, and I babysat for her host family's kids on a regular basis.  The cardi was passed down to me by a friend who was offloading too-small clothes.  The top is an Old Navy top I found at Goodwill.  (As are the Bullhead jeans, too).




Friday's outfit required a little bit of work on my part this morning.  I found the top last year, and until this point, had to wear it with a cami to prevent unfortunate clothing mishaps.  I haven't worn it since last winter.  Since then, I've lost some, ahem, volume, on top.  The cami isn't necessary any more, but the V-neck was too deep.  So, I went digging into my button jar to see if I could find a matching button to stitch the top closed and fake a button.  I couldn't find a matching button, but it's a good thing there was one sewn onto the tag of the shirt!  So, a few stitches this morning, and I raised the V-neck about an inch.  Couple it with pink Target cardi on and off today, and I call it done.

Outfit: Aeropostale top; Bullhead jeans; pink Target cardi (not pictured); acrylic bead necklace (don't discount thrifting for jewelry too!)



No comments:

Post a Comment