Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Monday & Tuesday Outfits

Today I was feeling jeans.  I know that not everyone can get away with jeans in the office.  I am lucky enough that I can.  This top combo would just as easily be paired with gray trousers or a skirt.  As it is supposed to be cool here (and it is always like a meat locker in my office), I typically wear a cardi with almost every short-sleeve or sleeveless top.  I didn't want to feel quite so blah with just a top & a cardi, so I added the scarf: a 100% silk orange & hot pink reptile-print scarf.  Have I ever worn scarves prior to the last 2 months?  Nope.  Not unless it's cold outside!  Have I ever worn reptile-print?  Nope.  Part of what I am finding through thrift-shopping is a lot of stepping out of my comfort zone.  

Outfit: Silk scarf; Banana Republic empire-waist top; Limited silk/cotton/cashmere cardi; Kut from the Kloth jeans (I just now looked up the brand--they're like $80 jeans!!) 




Yesterday was the first time wearing this top--it was purchased on Friday.  I bought it because it looked like it would probably be a workhorse in my wardrobe.  Knit, short-sleeved, plenty of neutral pairings.  The pants?  Well, let's say that I've never owned a pair of pants that was not denim, black, gray or brown in many many years.  I saw them at the beginning of summer and they've been a staple for summer work-wear ever since.

Outfit: Gray/black/yellow/purple print Worthington top; Banana Republic open-front ruffle cardi; Gap chinos; patent skinny belt.


I know one day I'll get fancier with photography, but for now, at least I am capturing my finds.
(All items called out purchased at Goodwill unless otherwise noted)

No comments:

Post a Comment