As I said, I am still on the warpath for gray pants. These are at least a year old (to me!), and not the best fit. But, they still work reasonably well enough to be passable. The bonus of the day is the shoes. Oddly enough, these are the version 2.0 of the very first black flats I owned as an adult. They were like butter. They were built like driving mocs, with rubber sole on the forefoot and the heel, but leather spanning the instep. I wore them until the rubber and the leather were all torn up, and then could not find them anymore anywhere. I was so sad to have had to give them up probably 2 years ago, and haven't found a worthy replacement yet. Imagine my surprise when I found a pair, unworn, price/stickers still attached, at my Goodwill in my size.
Outfit: Talbot's gray floral silk keyhole shell; Banana Republic open-front ruffle cardi; Chadwick's black & white tweed trousers; Me Too Nyle black ballet flats.
No comments:
Post a Comment