Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What would you wear?

Most of the time when I go thrifting, I have some idea of what I am looking for when I go in.  More jeans.  Work pants.  Skirts.  Sleeveless tops.  However, I'm almost always bound to find something that's not on my "list" that seems like a good purchase.  As I have found, this sort of shopping has also helped me to push my own limits and try things that I would never have tried before.  Skinny jeans are a great example of this.  I have never owned skinny jeans until a year ago or so.  I never thought I could pull them off (literally & figuratively).  But, after trying them on, and seeing that they can be flattering, I have been on the lookout for them now.

I'm particular about them, though.  I don't like them when they're skin-tight like leggings, but I like them snug enough that they don't get all droopy and bunchy in the knees & the rear.  So, of all the skinny jeans I find out there, only a few pass my muster.

I've also been eyeing colored pants.  You all saw my yellow pants last week.  They were quite a departure from my previous normal.  But, now I have a variety of pants in a rainbow of colors. Including a pair of purple polka dot skinny jeans.  I saw them, and I loved them.  They're a muted maroon/purple-ish color, with a really subtle tiny polka dot pattern.  They really read more like a solid than a pattern.  Nevertheless, I am having trouble styling them at the present.  I think they'll be great in the summer with sandals, and in cooler weather with tall boots (despite our changing leaves, we're not quite there yet).  But, I tried them on today, and I just couldn't make them work with any of my current shoes...None of my flats seemed to be hitting right, and I don't own a pair of the right ankle boots (I do have a pair of zip Ariats that I wear with bootcut jeans, but they just didn't look quite right with the skinnies when I tried them on--but I blame the shoes themselves as not being able to achieve the look I was going for).  I just couldn't bring it together.  Maybe you all could help?


(Mine are not as brightly-patterned as these, they've been much more well-worn and are more subtle.  But, the premise is similar in any case).  What would you wear with these?

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I would wear ballet flats - colored or even black.

    Honestly I would wear leather flip flops, but the ballet flats would look better.

    ReplyDelete